Hey there! I know I have been away for a while and while I really want to make consistent content, school and life really just get in the way. But … Continue reading My Favourite YouTubers (ft. my addiction)
On William Herondale: “He’s not good, he’s sexy!”
Today I created a studygram account (@julsstudying). Because I am stupid and obviously not content with everything I already have to do. But I am looking forward to posting on there and I am hoping it will motivate me to work.
There are so many people on Instagram who motivate me to study. My favourite is @emmastudiess because her pictures are so so pretty and I love her story updates. PLUS, her handwriting is such goals.
But yes, I will agree. I am stupid. We all know that now. My time is being consumed by useless and unimportant things. But hey, that’s me.
This is just a weird little update of my life. I don’t really know why I’m writing this.
If you have a bookstagram or studygram, leave your name in the comments and I will check it out!
I don’t know what is with me, but I tend to start a whole lot of things and never finish most of them. But I guess that’s how most people are…
Well, recently I have started a bookstagram account (@juliabookaddict) and I really love it. The community is great, and what can be better than scrolling through Instagram looking at pretty books all day long?! Pretty much nothing!
And then a few months ago I started this blog, where my activity is not great… and I really need to work on that. Today I made the great decision to start on Tumblr for some reason (not even I know why). Just ugh.
I really want to start writing more and I have decided to be more active on here and ditch Tumblr for now. Let’s see how that goes. I’m going to try and be more committed instead of jumping here and there. The only problem is that I have no idea what this blog should be for.
I have thought of many possibilities.
- A Book Blog – As you probably can guess, I love reading and it would be cool to share my thoughts on the books I am currently reading and being a reader in general.
- A Study Blog – I don’t like studying, don’t get me wrong. But stationery and pretty study notes make all the hard work ten times better. I also find it really inspirational looking through other people’s study accounts. Being a high school student I have many tips on how to pass and would like to share them.
- A Personal Blog – Basically any thoughts or tips I have regardless of the topic as well as stories and anything else I deign to write about.
Writing all the options actually helped me decide… I think I want to do a combination. Basically I will post about anything I feel like, be it personal, study, or book related. Although, I’m not sure if I will post much about studying because hopefully I will be doing the actual studying instead of being online, but hey!
I realise, that this whole post has now gone off topic (what even was the topic?) and is completely pointless, because I have now decided what to do and my thought process if probably uninteresting. Anyway, I am posting this random content anyway because I can and who even cares? I don’t. I enjoy the writing and you don’t have to read it if it doesn’t interest you. And now I am rambling.
This is a blog entry I have to do for school describing Capulet’s party from Romeo and Juliet and I would really like some feedback! Also I just feel like posting it, so here goes:
How could you miss it?
The party of the year took place on Sunday and I pity you, if you were not invited. For it was splendid. The hall was decorated fabulously and light danced on every surface. The fires were all lit and on every wall at least half a dozen torches provided a healthy glow (even though we all know that yours truly does not need firelight for such beauty). Capulet really outdid himself with this party.
The breath-taking evening commenced with a humorous speech from the host, Capulet himself, which sent me into even higher spirits. But this was only the beginning! I dare not try to describe the dresses and costumes which were present. And yet I must, because how could I leave you in the dark? The colours were gorgeous; hues of lilac and aquamarine all tones belonging in a sunset! The designs were to die for! Mostly the newest designs, (and those who wore last year’s style, where is your dignity?) and even a never before seen Daphne Dorelli design which everyone is talking about.
The hall was filled with lace and velvet and silk and any other fabrics you can imagine, I’m sure they were present. The masks added a sense of mystery, because I certainly could not tell one charming gentleman apart from the next; they were all the politest specimens I have ever met. Though the dancing was definitely the highlight of this evening, and maybe even the year, there was one couple which took my breath away. The lady, the daughter of the host, was by far the prettiest lady at the party, and the gentleman an extremely handsome man I did not recognise. They were only together for a few moments but I am sure I saw Cupid’s arrows pierce them.
If this party was paradise, then there was no trouble except in the late hours of the night when there was talk of a Montague having been amongst us. I am convinced that this is a rumour for there were many drinks and no Montague would have been that reckless.
As for the mystery couple, I will do a bit of digging and see if I can discover what kind of love affair is happening.
As always, keep sparkling!
I hope you liked it! If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment!
Lately I have been watching a lot of Netflix (Okay, who am I kidding, I always watch a lot of Netflix) and I just wanted to share which shows I like to watch!
- Gilmore Girls – This series has to be my all time favorite! It just warms my heart and I love the humor All these characters have a place in my heart (even though I do miss Max Medina…). I hope they continue on with A Year In The Life!
- Pretty Little Liars – Okay, I know. It does go on for ever. But you have to admit that season 8 hit you hard! I also like all the different ships throughout this series (there are a lot) and I was fearing for there lives so often. I am definitely going to re-watch this sometime to see how it all lead up to that finale!
- Sherlock – How do I explain how I had to get over this series? While the last episode ended happy enough, why did certain people have to die??? I feel like every episode offers something spectacular and it’s really addictive.I’m so in love with this one.
- Scorpion – This series is just so funny to see these characters grow and try to adjust to normal life (well as normal as it gets). The last two episodes of season 3 just killed me! I am really hoping for a season 4!
- Greenhouse Academy – This one is a bit kitschig but I still found it relaxing and adorable. Sometimes really frustrating, though, and I was screaming at the characters… It is a really nice concept though and I would watch the next season.
- Shadowhunters – Now, I have a lot to say about this series and I could go on for pages and pages. I know many people enjoy this and I’m not saying you won’t. But if you have read the books and actually like them, like me, you will die screaming at your screen. They completely changed the plot and the characters, as well as creating big problems for themselves in the process. It hardly remains like the original story at all. The only reason I watch it is for a certain couple which in on point (Malec). However, even this has begun to sway. Every week I am actually scared to watch the new episode in case they have destroyed all that is good in the world. I’m going to stop now.
- FRIENDS – Of course I had to mention this series. How could I not? I watch this almost everyday. It cracks me up and I love all of them dearly. The episode with the hypnotic tape was hilarious. I definitely recommend this series. Absolutely fabulous!
Anyway, these are some of the series I fell very strongly towards. I have many more which are just ehh but I watch them anyway… So what are series you like?
A few days ago we were talking about the danger of a single story in my AP English class and I realized how often we think or say things without knowing the full story. This happens daily. Everything we think or say about another person, be it good or bad, is based off what we know.
And what we know comes from what we see or what others have told us. But so often there is another side, another detail we don’t know, which could change our opinion something. Nevertheless we don’t go looking for this other side of the story or even know it exists until it is thrown into our face. Only then do we think that it has been this way all along.
“Don’t judge a book by it’s cover” can be applied to everything in life; there is always something deeper, something we cannot know without it staring us in the face.
It can be quite interesting to try and think deeper about what you see, maybe ask yourself why or who or where. People always have their own story and not just the ones we give them.
Happy New Year, people! I can hardly believe it’s already 2018!
I hope you had an amazing time celebrating. We had a huge dinner and went to watch a fireworks display. I don’t know if all fireworks are like this, but the ones we were watching were incredibly loud! I could almost feel the sound, if that makes sense.
Since it’s the start of the new year, it’s time to make new years resolutions. I read somewhere, that you sould only make three new years resolutions, because it gives you a higher chance of achieving them, instead of making 50 and only keeping one.
I don’t usually make any new years resolutions, because I think that I shouldn’t need the new year to start something I want to improve on. But I don’t think that new years resolutions are bad, I think that the new year is a great motivator!
What I want to improve on this year is:
- Getting my work done more efficiently
- Getting fit
- Stop watching excessive amounts of Netflix
I hope you have a wonderful start into the new year and set yourself some realistic goals!
I wanted to create this blog so that I can share my weird thoughts with people. I also wanted to create a place where people can be themselves!
What I plan on doing with this blog is writing experiences and thoughts, as well as things about me, for example, what tv shows I enjoy and such.
Basically, I’ll ramble on about all sorts of things and you get to see inside the mess I call my brain (if anyone ever reads this).
I’ll also be writing this to improve my writing skills, which are not great at the moment.
So, anyway, I just wanted to start by saying hi!