Heya! I’ve decided to compile a list of my current favourite songs, which are both oldies and newer works. I don’t really know what genre I’m officially into, but only … Continue reading My Summer Playlist
Heya! First off, I know that I’ve been MIA for a while and that my whole Blogmas idea didn’t exactly go as planned. I have one post. One. But hey, … Continue reading How to Survive the Summer
Christmas Gift Ideas For Her
I realise that it is actually day 6 of December and I’m just starting Blogmas, but better late than never! But, I didn’t know that Blogmas even existed?! I know about vlogmas and it’s a really cool idea, so I thought I’d try it on my Blog.
Also, just in case you need a vlogmas recommendation, go and watch ThatcherJoe’s videos! I love them so much!
Anyway, here is what I at least would love to receive for Christmas!
- Candles. Candles are amazing things that come in infinite colours and fragrances and even some that make an extra crackling sound. You have so many options, you’re sure to find something for everyone! Also, small tip, the citrus, and ocean scented ones are the best.
- Jewelry. Now, this is not for everybody. But, you get very different kinds of jewelry. Of course, silver/gold, small and elegant is always a nice idea and can be worn pretty much everywhere. Then you get the big and colourful jewelry with big beads and so much more! Leather jewelry is also a thing. (I feel like I’m trying to sell you stuff… whoops)
- Typo. So Typo is not a thing you can buy (which you should know), but they sell the best stuff. They have many different designs of these:
- Phone cases. Always a good decision.
- Notebooks are always great and practical. Plus, Typo has so so many amazing designs that seem to change every time I go to look. You can hardly drag me away from the tables.
- If your person has ever read Harry Potter, some sort of merch is ALWAYS a good idea. Whatever it is, go for it.
- Mugs. Again, the whole style/colour/design thing applies here again. But you can never have enough and that’s a fact.
- Cute pillows. What more can I say?
- Books. Books. And more books.
- This is an open one; think of what they like best and find some sort of object that has to do with that thing. Go crazy. Search the internet. (Etsy shops are also great to browse.)
So this is my list of things I, and probably some other people, would very much like as gifts. I hope this is helpful and also that I may be able to keep up with Blogmas. But, I’m going away tomorrow, so it probably won’t happen. But one can hope right?
Today, in maths, my friend asked in German “what is a rectangle“?
So I told her, its a rectangle. And she still had no clue.
Funniest thing today!!
There is so much fangirling going on right now, I don’t think you can even imagine it. UNLESS you are holding a copy of Kingdom of freaking Ash in your hands!!
Like I am!! I repeat, I have the goods! I am so grateful to my wonderful book-soulmate who got me a copy! You may be thinking, “but Juls, KoA has been out for a week, why is it so amazing that you have bought it?”
Well dear reader, it is a miracle that stores in South Africa have KoA. Usually we wait 2-3 months after a new release to see copies on shelves!
Also, KoA is freaking gorgeous! I mean look at that cover (also it has 982 heartbreaking pages).
But I have it and I’ve given up on my education and I’m fully convinced this book will break me!
So if I never post again it is because KoA has successfully killed me!
So, what book release have you been looking forward to?
Heya! Today I found out something about a guy in my class who I’m not really close to. And it was amazing! We were supposed to be working in groups … Continue reading Made My Day: Reading
Heya! I’ve decided I’m not going to do a wrap up for September because I literally read one book. One. That’s all. So instead, here are all the books I’m … Continue reading #CurrentlyReading
I am well aware of the fact that it is almost the end of September and this is very late! But here goes! (also, PS, I’m not sure I’ll do a wrap up for September because I haven’t been reading much because of exams…)
- Saphirblau – This is a book I read in German (surprise surprise) and I actually liked it! Usually, books in German bore me and everything feels so flat! Which goes to show how much I loved this book! It’s the sequel to Rubinrot, which I read a couple of months back. I love the idea and the characters and mostly it made me want to scream in frustration! So amazing!
- Smaragdgrün – The third book in the trilogy and what a way to end! To be honest, I can’t really separate the storyline between the three books, but I do remember the HUGE reveal in this one! I did not see it coming! I was dead set on it being someone else! Loved it. Oh, and in case you didn’t know, these books are all available in English as well (so go and read them)!
- The Darkest Minds – I have heard so much about this series and with the movie coming out I thought it was time to read it. Who knows, maybe I’ll like it?! Boy, was I wrong! I absolutely freaking loved it! I got emotionally attached to it, them, Ruby, Liam. All of them!! I need the next ones!! This is such a cool idea and might even become one of my favourite series! That ending broke me, though… I still don’t know why that was necessary.
- Blue Lily Lily Blue – I have no cooking clue what happened in this one… All I know is that I loved it, and the whole series. I have a vague inclination, but the plot from all four books just melts and I can’t tell where one ends and another begins. Also the deaths… why oh why??
- Renegades – My new favourite. My friend and I actually picked this one up at the same time without knowing! It was great to read it together! What I loved is that it is told from the “badies” and not the “goodies” point of view. And yes, at some points I did want to throw the book across the room but at the same time I was addicted and could not let go. I recommend reading just before the sequel come out, otherwise, chronic thinking may occur!!!!
That’s all I read in August, as I had school again and it sucks the life out of me. Also, what’s interesting is that I didn’t reread a single book this month. I am usually an avid rereader because I love the nostalgia.
I always think I should dedicate a month just for rereads, but there are so many great books coming out in the next few months and I want to read them! So maybe not…
Anyway, I hope you had a great reading month in August! Please tell me the best book you read in the last month! Looking for recommendations!
On William Herondale: “He’s not good, he’s sexy!”
Recently I was invited to a party. And I really wanted to go, because it’s to celebrate the birthday of two of my best friends! But I can’t go.
On that day I already have something else planned. Something I love and know I’ll enjoy. Where I will spend the whole day with some of my other best friends and my very best friend! I’m only sad because everyone is talking about this party and no one at school has the faintest idea of what I will be doing that day, so I can’t talk to anyone about it.
This is one of the problems when your best friend doesn’t go to the same school as you and you have all these things to discuss, but they’re not there!
Have you ever experienced something like this?